Katie Jenkins INST 4010

Thursday, September 18, 2008

uen.org

A few of my classes have now starting looking at and using uen.org, which I never even knew about. I think it's great! There are a lot of cute, fun ideas that seem pretty up to date. As a teacher, we need well organized lesson plans and that's partly why I like this website so much. It outlines the state objectives it'll meet, the intended learning outcomes, the materials you'll need, the activity, extensions you can make, additional resources on the topic, and ways to accommodate specific learners. It's very well put together. For my lesson plan, I'd like to do a health activity geared at kindergarteners. There is one that talks about brushing your teeth (Healthy, Happy Teeth, http://www.uen.org/Lessonplan/preview.cgi?LPid=14109). I think it'd be fun to do the lesson and activity, then create a web page where the students can check whether or not they brushed their teeth that day on a class graph. After maybe a few weeks, we'd conclude how well we are doing, as a class, on brushing our teeth!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home